Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Victoria Day!!!

So Canada's Holiday is this week and the USA's holiday is next week... I have no idea what Memorial Day is all about other than that it closes the li-berry and is making me have to email for the last time next week on Tuesday. Oh well... That's just how it works out. 

So... I hope all went well for everyone this week. It certainly went well for me. I have exciting news!! HOT SPRINGS ISN'T CLOSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was actually quite an incredible series of events. President Drewes told us that the lease of our apartment ran out this month, so we'd be closing the area, but then this week he told us that the lease was still running out, but that we wouldn't closing the area!!!! So this is what happened. There is a member in the Ward here that is serving as Mission President for the Tennessee Knoxville Mission (President Griffin), and he called President Drewes and told him that the Sisters in Hot Springs needed to move into his house that he still owns here. Soo... We're moving into a house!!! Well... I'm not.. I'm moving in for one day... but the point is that Sisters are staying in Hot Springs!! YAAAAYY!!!!! President Griffin's daughter is living in his house while he's away on his mission, so that's perfect because they have plenty of room for two others in their big house. So. That's my exciting news. And the best part about it, is that President Griffin knew nothing about the lease expiring, and he's been gone for a year already, and just chose this month to open his house to the Sisters. Seriously... NOT a coincidence!!!

As for other exciting news. I got to participate in the 3rd annual bathtub race... Look it up. Steweart Pennington's Bathtub Race in Hot Springs. Basically we all dress up according to our team's theme and we race in bathtubs on wheels down Central Ave.. hahaha. So we, the missionaries were dressed up like cows pushing a pink "cow-dillac"... haha... a ward member does it every year with the missionaries and we participate gladly. haha..

We're still working closely with the less-actives and making small differences. I'm really enjoying my time here. It's finally stopped raining, and it's been staying in the 70's and low 80's all week.. It's perfect weather. I'm so glad I'm missing out of the hot, sticky Arkansas summer. I timed this very well. hahaha...

That's pretty much all I've got for this week. Keep on choosing the right and making me proud. I love y'all and am thankful for you in my life. THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Sister Dyer