Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy May

So... Another month begins, and it continues to boggle my mind at how fast time passes...

Thankfully, this week has been a lot less eventful, and because of it, there's not really much to report. But I'll still share a couple of experiences from the week.

On Tuesday we went to a member's home for dinner and that was a monumental event. haha. Sis Gibbs has had a rough past with the Sister missionaries and as a result, for the last year she's been very cold to the Sisters, but did everything with the Elders... That's fine and I can handle it, but I took it upon myself to change that and get the Sisters back into her good books. MISSION COMPLETE!!!!! She's the one that bought me the pair of heels! The only thing I did to get her to like us again, was talk to her and compliment her everytime I saw her on her hot shoes.. She's like 56 and still wearing heels that I would wear. She's amazing like that. haha.. So. She invited both us and the Elders over for dinner on Tuesday, and it was awesome!! I feel so accomplished. haha. So she showed me her closet FULL of shoes and I practically had a heart attack because I was so excited about them, and then she gave a pair of heels to Sister Costley! WOOT!!!!! I love having these experiences where you know you've made a positive change that will continue to affect people long after you're gone. This was one of them. 

Also. Last night we got to go to the CES Broadcast! I WAS SOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been able to go to a CES Broadcast since BEFORE my mission, so this was a happy event for me because anything CES or Institute related brings me immense joy. So we were supposed to have a couple investigators show up, but none of them did... So us and the Elders and one other YSA in the ward were in the Chapel watching it. hahaha... Kind of funny, but still enjoyable. Sister Costley was geeking out because it was broadcast from BYU-Idaho, where she graduated from before she came on her mission. Add the fact that Elder Bednar spoke, who was the President of BYU-Idaho when she attended... She was in heaven. It was kinda funny.

So this month seems to be pretty promising. We have a 10 year old and and 11 year old that we're planning on having baptized on May 30. They're both from different less active families that are wanting to be active again, so we're super pumped about that. 

Basically that's all I've got for today. The Church is true. Things happen for a reason, and the Lord's timing is always the perfect timing. It's kinda neat to look back in the events of your life and realize how perfectly put together each of those events were that planned you for where you're at right now. At least that's how it is in my life.  Jesus Christ is my Savior. His Church has been restored to the earth today. There is a Prophet on the earth today, and his name is Thomas S. Monson. He leads Christ's Church. I love the peace the Atonement brings, and the opportunity I'm given each day to testify of it's reality.

I love y'all! Talk to you next week!

-Sister Dyer