Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

Hello Everyone.

I double checked and I typed the address correctly this time. So you dont have to worry about me this week.

This has been a crazy week, and a lot has happened. The most exciting of which was a repeat of this time last year.... THERE WAS A TORNADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But dont get upset or worried because we're okay and we didn't even lose power. We just got a frantic call from our District leader telling us that there's a tornado coming and to gather what we need so that we can huddle in the bathtub. hahaha... So when we got that information, the crazy lightning outside made a bit more sense. So we stayed in the bathroom for about 30 minutes listening to our radio and hearing them describing the areas that were in danger, and it was all only 5 minutes away from us. haha.. Kind of exciting... But yeah. It's all over now, and we really didn't have any effects from it. That is something I will not miss. Tornados are terrifying.

Spirituality wise though, this was an incredible week. Being that it's Easter, every lesson we taught was focused on the Savior and His Atonement. So because of that, I felt more peace through the Spirit than I have in a long time. I realized that the more we testify of the Savior over and over, it changes your countenance and the way you think. I was really basking in it. Then the talks that were given yesterday in Church were fantastic. I really appreciated this whole Easter Season.  The Easter Bunny even stopped at other people's houses for us. haha... I think this has been one of my most memorable Easter's.

Earlier on in the week, Sis Costley and I were discussing how we can help the less actives here in the area. We've been really focusing on them and getting them reactivated, but we haven't figured out a way to do that. But one morning it dawned on us. We just need to tell them why we're there. Flat out say, "we're here to invite you to come back to Church. We want to come over and share messages with you to bring the Spirit back into you're lives and ultimately help you qualify for a temple recommend so that you can have an Eternal Family." It's pretty intense!! When we thought of this we were both just like... DUH!!!!! Because we have been visiting people but it's been so awkward because we've been trying to be their friends and we've been afraid or something to tell them what we're really doing at their home, but once we decided to just tell them, the response has been really positive. So. The lesson we learned, it to be upfront in every interaction. Tell them your purpose so there's no question. And if you really have the Spirit with you, they wont be offended at your boldness. It's terrifying though. haha. We sit in these people's living rooms and tell them that they need to come back to Church and brace yourself for the response... But so far so good. I like it this way. The anxiety of it all makes it fun. haha...

So... That's basically been our whole week. Testimonies of the Savior, and beginning to bring people back home. I've really enjoyed it.

Now we're off to Little Rock for a Sister's Day that Sis Drewes organized. She's the Mission President's wife. So all 10 of the Sisters in the mission are gathering at the mission home for a brunch thinger and then we're doings stuff together. So I'm excited to see all the people that I've served with today. It's going to be a blast. I can already tell.

Have a fabulous week everyone. This is a beautiful time of year, so enjoy it. And dont get too anxious about me coming home. I'll be there eventually. I'm in no rush. hahaha.. Love y'all.

-Sister Dyer